Deuces Wild Tips
If you’re one of those people who aren’t interested in a complete strategy chart for a game like deuces wild, then you’ll be interested in this plain-talking simple deuces wild tips page. It’s just a list of strategy suggestions that will help you minimize your losses and maximize your winnings at Deuces Wild video poker.
- There’s no such thing as a single high card in Deuces Wild. The ONLY time you’ll hold a single card in Deuces Wild is when you have a deuce.
- NEVER discard a deuce. If you have a draw to a natural royal flush, you might think about it, but don’t actually do it, because it’s a mistake.
- Never hold a single high card along with your deuce. Holding a high card with a single deuce only hurts your chances of making a good hand.
- Always keep a pair over 4 to a flush or 4 to a straight.
- Never hold 2 pairs. Always hold one pair and draw 3 cards.
- It doesn’t matter which of the 2 pair you throw away.
- Don’t kick yourself over your decision after the fact either.
- Avoid a Deuces Wild machine that pays less than 5 to 1 on four of a kind.
- Four of a kind accounts for over 1/3 of your total return in Deuces Wild. That will help you understand why you don’t hold 2 pairs or 4 to a flush or a straight.
- You’ll throw away everything in your hand about once in every 5 hands. (Compare that with one in every 30 hands or so in Jacks or Better.)
I’ll repeat some of the advice and tips from the jacks or better tips section too. Remember to have fun – this is a game, after all, and the whole point is to enjoy yourself. Take advantage of the slots club and comps to increase your returns.
Deuces Wild is one of the most exciting and interesting video poker games available, and if the tips on this page help you have more fun with the game, then I’ve done my job.